HomeForumsForum Time in Tennessee***Official Orange & White Game (Apr. 20) Game Thread***

This topic contains 1 reply, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Don Don 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Randy Sartin
    All-American

This year’s orange and white game has been set for Saturday April 20th, 2013 at 2PM. Sitting here in January, I am really looking forward to…

• Seeing Coach Jones and the new staff on the field!
    • Seeing the new players!
    • Seeing the new Smokey!
    • And Spring!

Hope to see a great turnout at Neyland, who is making plans to go and what are you most interested in seeing?

Go Big Orange!
    Don
    Don
    Starter

Looking forward to it already!

Go Big Orange! Rise to the Top! Team 117!
    Reed Carringer
    Reed Carringer
    All-American

Will you be attending, Don?

"Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."
    Don
    Don
    Starter

Planning on it! I never miss an Orange and White game!

Go Big Orange! Rise to the Top! Team 117!
    Reed Carringer
    Reed Carringer
    All-American

I’m looking forward to seeing how the Vol QB’s perform. It’s a wide open race headed into spring practice.

Coach_K
    Coach_K
    Starter

I would love to take my fam up for the O/W game. I have been trying to find a few friends to go with us to help defray the fuel costs. Is it gonna be on the tube if I can’t make it? We also have plans to go to at least one road game a year as a fam trip. Any suggestions on where to start this year?

GBO!!!
    Reed Carringer
    Reed Carringer
    All-American

There may be an online stream of the game but I doubt it will be televised. They haven’t announced firm plans in that regard yet and likely won’t until a week or so before the game. Have you been to any other SEC stadiums? At Florida and at Alabama this year would both be great places to start. Of course, at Oregon is a MUCH longer drive but would be even cooler!

Reed Carringer
    Reed Carringer
    All-American

UT announced earlier in the week the Orange and White Game will be FREE with no ticket required.

865Vol
    865Vol
    All-SEC

I’m going to be organizing a large twitter #VolNation group gathering thread for the O&W Game. If you’re interested let me know and I’ll add you to the list.

@865VOL

Coach_K
    Coach_K
    Starter

I am super stoked about this weekend. We are coming up from Nashville with  7 us total. It’s an all Vol family affair, three generations from 63-3.  Including my father a ’70s alum, myself a lifelong Vol, my wife, a friend, and my three boys #team123, #team126, #team132! Gotta try and get there early enough for some autographs, but we will be there. GBO!

GBO!!!
    Reed Carringer
    Reed Carringer
    All-American

How’d the trip to Neyland for the game go Coach_K?

Coach_K
    Coach_K
    Starter

It was great. We had a very good time. Didn’t make it up early enough for the fan day portion, but other than that we had a very good time. Had dinner @ Big Ed’s in Oak Ridge (my Dads hometown). Love the old dives, I miss some of my favs in Knoxville like “The Roman Room”. Took a friend who has never been to Knoxville to see the pre reqs…the rock, the torch bearer, TBA, Gen Neyland statue, and Worlds Fair park. As far as the game itself, I really enjoyed it. My oldest son and I were laughing together because we knew the older folks like my Dad didn’t really enjoy all the hip hop, but the players sure seemed to enjoy it. The offense looked like they still have a very long way to go. I wouldn’t be surprised if Dobbs gets a legitimate shot this fall. The running backs ran with conviction, which was nice to see for a change. The defense looked much faster. Like one of my fav radio guys here in Nashville (Blaine Bishop) says “thinking makes you slow”. They did a much better job of reading/reacting. I was pleased to see all the excitement back. I am definitely waiting with cautious optimism to see what we look like this fall. My kids were bummed they didn’t get to meet the CBJ, they were looking forward to telling him that they are early commits for #team122 and #team126 respectively. But hey gotta leave em wanting something so they will be ready to come back….lol.

GBO!!!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.